Monday, March 14, 2011

Secret Identity Revealed

Hello,

Hope you had great couple of days. I certainly did. My cold is completely gone, I still have a great tan and it's very sunny in Ottawa (sun always makes me happy, even in the winter).

So, today is the day that I will reveal the identity of the blogger who has a blog similar to mine. As I mentioned in one of my posts, I got very disappointed when I found this blog. But as you know (if you read my blog of course) I quickly got over it. Besides, this accomplished woman has been blogging since 2009 and as you know my blog is just a baby. It also occur to me that I can learn from this person as well as collaborate (I hope) or contribute (I hope again) in the future.

Finally, this is the time that I am going to reveal the name. Drum rrrrrrroll (Russian in me) please! The name of the blogger is - Erica Diamond, the name of the blog is - Women On the Fence.

When I started reading about Erica it took me back to my early years, you know, the time when you full of energy, ideas, freedom and feeling like nothing can stop you. Well, I still am full of ideas, the rest is lacking somewhat (oh, this getting old business). I can very much relate to her, the only difference is that I grew up in Russia and came to Canada as a young adult and with a child.

What does that mean? Well there was not that many opportunities at the time in Russia. Sure I had a great life, I knew language and it allowed me to be working with foreigners and learning from them. But I always had this drive to be ahead and different. My ideas were ahead of time in Russia and the only way you could have gotten anywhere then was to be somehow associated with criminals (I am talking about mafia). Well, that did not sit well with me. It felt that I just did not fit in Russia. Thus came the move to Canada (although it was not exactly planned).

But enough about me. Let's get back to Erica. This woman is a true inspiration for all the young women (and perhaps "older" ones as well) in Canada. This country offers many opportunities and if you have "it" you are in luck. And people like Erica can help you guide your way through the entrepreneurial jungle.

I urge my readers to visit Women On The Fence. I became a fan and a friendly rivalry I hope ;) (competitor in me). There is room for all of us and we women are great at supporting one another. Isn't that right Erica? ;)

Let's make a difference in lives of many women! Start with listening of what we have to say!

So, now you know the Secret Identity of one of my favorite blogger. Visit Erica at Women On The Fence and @WomenOnTheFence on Twitter.

Have a fantastic day and remember,

Be Active! Be Involved! Be a Current Woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment